Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Essay Ideas

1. a. Idea- Write about being gay

b. Possible Anecdote(s)-- my anecdote is to show how being gay has effected aspects of my life. Details to include: The difference of how my mom treats me now. Looks and comments I get from people when I'm out with my girlfriend. How great it was when we went to the gay pride vigil thing and how we didn't get dirty looks from anyone and they thought it was cute when Tashaa put her sweatshirt around me. How sometimes I have to hide that fact about me depending on where I am or who I'm with. How my mom lies to the family about me..

c. So What? --
my epiphanies so far: Being a homosexual in today's society is a very hard thing to do. Despite all the looks and comments and hate I need to make it through it all and tell myself that.. it will get better. Give things time and people may learn to love, accept, and maybe stop all the hate. I'm still a normal person, I'm just like everyone else, there's nothing wrong with me.

d. My Belief Statement: I believe that there is nothing wrong with me and things will get better for all the gay people out there.

e. Possible Title:

2. Idea- Why I love Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street

3. Idea- How music is a HUGE part of my life and it practically is my life

4. Idea- How I've wanted to be in a band since, like, 7th grade

5. Idea- Were The World Mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment